Kiosk Mode - Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or Higher
In order to use your Android Device as a kiosk, you will need to ensure that users cannot exit your survey or the QuickTapSurvey app by using the on-screen buttons or by tapping any of the physical device buttons. We recommend purchasing a kiosk enclosure that covers all of the physical device buttons.
Note: Kiosk Mode on Android requires Android version 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher devices running 4.2 or earlier will not be able to use screen pinning.
How to Set Up Your Android Tablet as a Kiosk
1. Set a Exit Code and Timeout for your survey.
2. Maximize screen brightness, and do not forget to make sure that your Android tablet is plugged in and charging.
3. Launch the Settings app.
4. Navigate to Security.
5. Select Screen lock.
6. Enable a PIN. This is so that the user cannot hold the recents and back buttons simultaneously to disable the screen pinning feature.
7. In Security, navigate to the Advanced subsection and tap Screen pinning.
8. Enable Screen Pinning. Make sure to read the onscreen instructions.
9. In Settings, tap Display.
10. Set Sleep to after 30 minutes of inactivity (or the longest available duration).
11. Ensure that all of the physical buttons are covered by a kiosk enclosure.
12. Launch the QuickTapSurvey app.
13. Tap the Recent Apps button.
14. Tap the Green Pin on the bottom right corner of the QuickTapSurvey app (it should be the foremost card).
16. Tap Start.
The QuickTapSurvey app will relaunch and will now be pinned to the screen. Users will not be able to exit the application. Should the device become locked for any reason, unlocking the device will not require a password and the device will immediately be unlocked to the QuickTapSurvey app without requiring a password and will still remain pinned.
17. Start your Survey.
18. To disable screen pinning, tap and hold the Recent Apps and Back buttons simultaneously. You will be prompted to input the device PIN that was previously set. Upon correct entry, the application will no longer be pinned to the screen.